In Case 3 1/2 Hours of PR Tonight Isn’t Enough
…And let’s face it, there’s NEVER enough Project Runway, we direct you to the following press release from Lifetime:
“Lifetime Digital, the ultimate digital source for women’s entertainment, escape and play, announced today that it will stream full episodes of Project Runway and Models of the Runway, and launch the first-of-its-kind Project Runway Buzz Room as part of its unprecedented digital content offerings on the shows’ official sites at myLifetime.com. (PRNewsFoto/Lifetime Digital)”
It goes on and on. We suggest you head on over there and read the whole thing. Long story short: they’re putting up an INSANE amount of supplemental material on their web site, including:
“myLifetime.com will stream full episodes of Project Runway and Models of the Runway every week after each episode first airs on Lifetime, marking the first time ever they will stream online, and the episodes will be available on Lifetime On Demand. The full episodes are in addition to the more than 500 exclusive broadband video clips that will be rolled out throughout the season to bring fans behind-the-scenes in ways not previously accomplished in the franchise’s history.
The Project Runway Buzz Room is a custom application that will aggregate Twitter messages and Facebook public posts around key Project Runway hash tags and keywords. Providing fans of Project Runway with one centralized digital location to tap into the stream of posts about the show, the Project Runway Buzz Room will also feature posts from show designers and models, designers from previous seasons, and key show sites and bloggers. Site visitors can access the Project Runway Buzz Room with their Facebook Connect or Twitter log-ins and have the option of simultaneously surfacing their posts in the room on their Twitter or Facebook pages.”
“[I]n addition to full episodes and the Project Runway Buzz Room, other highlights of the Lifetime Digital offerings for Project Runway and Models of the Runway include the following:
- TIM GUNN’S WORK ROOM: Video of the fashion guru’s commentary on each designer’s look every episode.
- JUDGES’ EXTENDED COMMENTARIES: Video of everything Heidi, Nina, Michael and guest judges say to each designer every episode.
- DESIGNER INTERVIEWS: Winning and losing designer video interviews.
- DESIGNER, MODEL AND GUEST JUDGE VIDEO BLOGS: Video blogs from each designer and model following every episode, as well as select guest judges throughout the season.
- BLOGS: Previous Project Runway designers Nick Verreos (season two), Andrae Gonzalo (season two) and Chris March (season four) will each provide weekly blog updates on Project Runway’s show site following each episode. Their blogs will join a lineup that includes weekly updates from Garcia and Kors; and the official Project Runway and Models of the Runway blogs, written and frequently updated by Lifetime Digital producers.
- RATE THE RUNWAY/RATE THE WALK: The popular interactive photo gallery returns with added photo functionality that enables fans to view multiple design photos and zoom in on images for a closer look before rating each episode’s runway creations. Rate the Walk will feature video of each model walking the runway during each episode and enable fans to rate their performances.
- GAMES: Lifetime Digital will create custom dress-up closets for site visitors to dress models using designs from each Project Runway episode.
- DESIGNER PORTFOLIO: Sketches and finals designs for each design in every episode will be added to this new, interactive, Flash application that shines a spotlight on the designers’ amazing creations like never before.”
And much, much more. Including our personal favorite:
- TLO AWARDS: Every Monday, the “fabulous and opinionated” Tom and Lorenzo (founders of the popular Project Rungay blog) will offer up commentary and awards in eight categories, including “Miss Photogenic,” “Miss Congeniality” and “Best Actress.”
We’ve been having a blast working for the Lifetime peeps in developing this feature and we’re really looking forward to it. What’s not in the press release (and should be) is that the artwork accompanying the T Lo Awards was provided by our very own Alex! Too fabulous for words, darlings!
Post a comment